This position is primarily responsible for the development of programs and nests for laser and press brake operations. Current machines include: Amada Fiber Laser and Amada Press Brake. Software packages used include: blank development, bending, and sheetworks.
This position also has the potential for development, loading, and maintenance of CNC programs through the use of 3-D CAD models and CAM software.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is able to work within deadlines in a fast paced environment. Problem solving skills along with a strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize are important. Candidates must have great communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, allowing them to interact well with operators, engineers, and production planners. Minimum requirements also include:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Must have previous experience with CAD (preferably Solidworks).
- Must possess strong blueprint reading and math skills.
- Three years of related experience in laser programming/operation is highly desired.
- Previous programming experience with CNC lathes, vertical machining centers, and/or press brakes is a plus.
- Familiarity with G code/M code programming on a variety of multi-axis CNC equipment & controllers is a definite plus.